Ultimate Hemp World Pulp & Paper
300 tons per day capacity Pulp & Paper mill being established in East Industrial Park, Viking, AB. First Plant to use wheat straw and Hemp Fibres to make 100 % tree free paper in the most eco friendly way.
Benefits of Hemp Paper
- 1 acre of Hemp can produce as much paper as 4 – 10 acres of trees over a 20 year cycle
- Hemp stalks grow in 4 months, whereas trees take 20 - 80 years.
- Hemp has higher concentration of cellulose than wood, the principal ingredient in paper.
- Trees are made up of only 30%cellulose, requiring the use of toxic chemicals to remove the other 70%. Hemp, on the other hand, can have up to 85% cellulose content.
- Hemp has a lower lignin content than wood. Hemp contains 5 – 24% lignin whereas wood has 20 – 35%. This is advantageous as lignin must be removed from pulp before it can be processed as paper.
- Hemp paper is more durable than trees. Hemp paper does not yellow, crack, or deteriorate like tree paper.
- Wider use of hemp paper can help sustainability efforts to reduce deforestation
Why Deforestation Is A Serious Metter
Losing our mature Forest
According to the National Geographic, we are cutting down forests the size of Panama each and every year. Already in North America, we have lost 97% of the mature forest that existed when the European settlers came in the 17th Century. The worlds rain forests couple completely vanish in a hundred years at the current rate of deforestation. Although there are critics who claim that paper companies are planting fast-growing eucalyptus trees after clearing the land, the replanting practices of logging companies are a poor substitute for natural forest as a biodiversity and wildlife are destroyed
The biggest impact of deforestation is the loss of habitat for millions of species. 70 – 80% of Earth’s land animals and plants live in forests. More and more species are going extinct every year because they lose their homes and since they become more exposed to hunters and poachers. According to the Center for Biological Diversity, Scientist estimate we’re now losing species at 1,000 to 10,000 times the original rate, with literally dozens going extinct every day. At this rate, they are predicting that 30 -50% of all species could possibly be facing extinction by mid-century
Driving Climate Change
As our forests disappear, climate change will only accelerate. Forests are vital to conversing the soil and maintaining our air by removing carbon dioxide and returning oxygen. The forests also keep the soil moist and help maintain the natural water cycle by returning water vapor back into the atmosphere. Without trees and the canopy they create, our lands quickly turning into dry desserts. Trees also help absorb the greenhouse gases that fuel global warming. Fewer forests means larger amounts of greenhouse gases entering the atmosphere – increasing the speed of global warming
North America Flushes 12,000 trees Every DAY!
- 25,000,000 tons of paper used per day in North America
- 10,958,904 trees fell for this purpose
- 324 L if water used to make 1 kg of paper
- 10 L of water needed to make one piece of A4 paper
- 93% of paper comes from trees
- 50% of business waste composed of paper
- Packaging makes 1/3 or more of our trash
- U.S. offices use 12.1 trillion sheets of paper per year
- Paper accounts for 25% of landfill waste and 33% of municipal waste
- Demand for paper expected to double before 2030
- Every tree produces enough oxygen for 3 people to breathe
Come, Join Our Hands
Become a supplier and Active Partner in Our Company by Purchasing Shares. We need assistance in growing wheat and hemp. We will buy the straw and fibres on a continuous basis with a signed agreement. Become a supplier and active partner in our company through the purchase of shares.
Ultimate Hemp World Inc.
4920 53 Ave Viking, Ab T0B 4N0.